Datatonic, Ltd. [“Datatonic”, “us”, “we”] operates the website datatonic.com [“Sites”], and is a company incorporated in the United Kingdom and has its principal office at Level 45, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of key principles
We collect and process information about you when you provide it to us and when you use our Sites.
We typically use this information to send you the materials you have requested to receive from us and to improve our Sites.
We may disclose this information to authorized third parties including our partners and third-party service providers for these purposes.
We encrypt any information you input using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take security measures to safeguard information in accordance with industry practice.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Datatonic, please contact us by post (see below) or email at email@example.com
I. What information do we collect about you and where do we collect it from?
(a) Information you give us: We collect your information when you choose to contact us via our Sites, where you request to be sent a copy of any materials we make available on our Sites or where you subscribe to receive our newsletters or email updates.
(b) Information we collect about you: We automatically collect certain information from you when you access our Sites including your IP address and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, how you use our Sites such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
II. How we use & share the information collected
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to improve our Sites;
- to carry out your requests to be sent materials, newsletters and/or email updates and respond to your enquiries;
- to review applications during our recruitment process. For more information regarding data protection for recruitment, refer to our Job Application Privacy Notice.
We process your information for the above purposes on the basis it is in our legitimate interests. You may object to processing by us for this reason at any time.
We may disclose your information to:
- Our third-party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites e.g., providers who host and manage data;
- Our third-party analytics partners to analyze Site traffic and understand customer needs and trends.
- Our partners for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
III. How long we store your information
The information we collect about you when you access our Sites (including referring URL, page visits, browser and/or device type, time and date) or that third parties collect on our behalf for purposes of website performance and analytics is deleted after 24 months.
We store the information you provide to us when you contact us by email for a period of up to 5 years.
IV. Cookies Policy
We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you use our Sites by using “cookies” and analogous technology. “Cookies” are small files that we place on your computer or your Web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser or device.
These cookies are essential to make our websites work and to remember your preferences. Without these cookies, the website would be unable to retain your selections, filters, search queries, and other personalized configurations indicated while browsing through the website. The majority of these cookies are set temporarily and expire shortly after your session has been terminated. Others last for up to 30 days. Our cookies are used for:
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how people are using our websites. For example, the pages visited most often, how people are moving from one link to another, and if they get error messages from certain pages. Data collected using these cookies is grouped together with information from our other website users to help us improve the way our website works. These cookies will expire after at most 24 months.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and the pages you visited. This information may be shared with other organizations such as our advertising partners. These cookies will expire after at most 24 months.
You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can delete existing cookies from your computer. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
If you are an EU resident you may also opt-out of receiving tailored advertisements from participating third-party companies under the following schemes: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu; http://www.aboutads.info/choices (English only).
V. Security of information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the EU, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect your data. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us over the internet.
VI. Additional provisions applicable to individuals in the European Union
Where you are located in the European Union, in certain circumstances you are entitled to the following rights with respect to your personal data:
(a) Right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data on the grounds of it being in our legitimate interests.
(b) Right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications: You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
(c) Right to access, delete and correct your personal data: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, to delete and/or correct it.
(d) Right to be forgotten: In certain circumstances, you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
(e) Right to restriction of processing: Where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you think you are entitled to exercise any of the above rights and would like to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Data Protection Representative
Postal: Level 45, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB